The Black Pudding Competition
Getting Competitive in the North
1. Take a germ of a Northern idea born out of the pandemic…
2. Find an element of wine and food that would attract attention for being different…
3. Involve key stakeholders who would sense a PR opportunity from a fun competition…
4. Raise IWFS profile by broadcasting across ‘social’ and other media.
A blend of 4 Northern branches, 6 catering colleges, 5 top chefs, with a handful of Michelin stars to boot…
The key ingredient:
The IWFS Black Pudding Competition began in April with catering students across the North competing to create a dish with black pudding at its core. Regional heats are nearing conclusion, before the Grand Final in May and a prestigious Awards Lunch on June 28th.
The Taste Test (the Proof of the Pudding!):
· Student sceptics become enthusiasts
· Colleges want a repeat
· Top chefs congratulate the Society for its innovation and enterprise